When you hear of someone seeking refuge, you can look at it in one of two ways.
1. They are cowards; they do not wish to face whatever is confronting them. They are hiding.
2. Or, they are doing the prudent thing – seeking protection because they are in need of shelter, of a sanctuary.
It all depends on your perspective.
If you are on lockdown right now, your perspective can also determine your level of happiness and contentment.
Either you CAN’T do a bunch of things; life as you know it is miserable because you are unable to do the things you would normally do.
Or you are sheltering from something harmful; you are taking all necessary precautions to stay out of danger.
Spiritually, your point of view is even more critical at this time.
What are you seeking refuge or sanctuary in at the moment?
Binge eating? Binge watching?
Or, daily seeking the Lord through prayer and Bible study?
There will always be the temptation to wallow in self-pity and to drown our sorrows in unhealthy habits.
But let’s not give in to it.Remember, “God is our refuge and strength…” Psalms 46:1a NLT
Let us seek shelter in Him.
Promises of Protection:
1. So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you.” Deuteronomy 31:6 NLT
2. But the Lord is faithful; he will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 NLT
3. Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. Isaiah 41:10 NLT
4. The righteous person faces many troubles, but the Lord comes to the rescue each time. Psalms 34:19 NLT
5. God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalms 46:1 NLT
6. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:8-9 NLT
7. My God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety…
2 Samuel 22:3 NLT
8. The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. Psalms 121:7 NLT
9. For he will order his angels to protect you wherever you go. Ps. 91:11 NLT