When we choose to make God the shepherd of our lives, we can enjoy the benefits of being in His fold. One such benefit is protection.
The shepherd does not allow anyone or anything to attack his flock without stepping in.
Similarly, whatever comes our way, we know that God is there waiting to defend and protect us.
We may not always feel it;
sometimes we definitely can’t see it; other times we disagree with the method He uses.
But this is where our faith, our confidence and our trust come in.
We are reminded in His Word:
1. But the Lord is faithful, and He will…keep you safe from the Evil One. 2 Thessalonians 3:3 GNT
2. “…God alone is our defense.”
2 Samuel 22:32 GNT
3. “…“You are my defender and protector. You are my God; in you I trust.” Psalm 91:2 GNT
4. “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all.” Psalms 34:19 NRSV
5. “My sheep hear my voice. I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one will snatch them out of my hand.” John 10:27-28 NRSV
6. “For the Lord your God is He that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.”
Deuteronomy 20:4 KJV
7. “It is dangerous to be concerned with what others think of you, but if you trust the Lord, you are safe.”
Proverbs 29:25 GNT
Friends, the sheep do not fight their own battles. They depend on the shepherd to do so. They also do not try to help the shepherd do his job.
We can learn some lessons from the sheep.
We can trust in our Good Shepherd to defend and protect us.
We can stop trying to help and just let Him do His work.
We can have faith; we can trust.
Today, “…Stand still…the Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace.” Exodus 14:13-14 KJV
Image credit: Quang Nguyen Vinh via Pexels